To have your child baptized, contact the Parish Office at 272-3463 for Baptism Preparation class.
Please read the requirements for Baptism below.
Anointing of the Sick
Contact a priest or the Parish office when someone is seriously ill, in the hospital or undergoing surgery. After office hours and for sacramental emergencies (near death), please call (251) 599-3523.
Contact a priest or deacon a minimum of six (6) months before the wedding date for preparation.
Reconciliation (in the Church)
Daily – 15 minutes before every Mass
Saturday – 4:00 – 4:45 p.m.
Sunday – 7:45 – 8:15 a.m., 9:15 – 9:45 a.m., 11:45 – 12:15 p.m., 4:15 – 4:45 p.m.
First Reconciliation and First Communion
The Archdiocese of Mobile requires a two-year sacramental preparation program for children who are ready for sacraments. To receive First Holy Communion in 2022, children must have enrolled at Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School or in a parish program in 2020 – 2021. Without prior preparation, children will need to enroll in classes for the initial year of the two-year process.
Will be celebrated for students who are juniors or seniors in high school. Following guidelines of the Archdiocese of Mobile, the preparation for the sacrament is a two-year program. Students who are new to our parish and are sixteen or older, requesting the sacrament, call the Church office at 334-272-3463.
Requirements for Baptism
- All parents must participate in the Baptism Preparation class. Call the Parish office at (334) 272 3463 for the next scheduled class.
- Children age 7 and younger will receive the sacrament of Baptism. *From age 8 and above, they will receive the three Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation) and must participate in Catechism classes.
* Please read guidelines for enrolling in Religious Education (RE) classes below.
- Godparents must be practicing Catholics and they must present a document from their parish indicating they are Catholics in good standing (cf.874).
- Baptisms are scheduled according to need and availability of priests, deacon and Church.
*Guideline for enrolling in Religious Education (RE) classes
- Children ages 8 and older that have not been baptized will be in a class to prepare them to receive the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Holy Communion and Confirmation). Call the parish office (334) 272-3463 for more information.